To our Spoon Crew:
Over the next few weeks we're saying "see you later" to some of our meals. We’ve loved these meals as much as you have, but it’s time to make a little room for something new.
But have no fear! We're providing the recipes for some of these meals so you can still enjoy them at home:
Chickpea Harissa Tahini Soup
2 tbsp of Olive Oil
2 cups of vegetable broth
1 cup of water
1 1/2 cups dried chickpeas, soaked overnight and drained, or 1 can (15 ounces) low-sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
3/4 cup of cauliflower
1/2 cup canned, diced tomatoes
1/2 cup tahini
1 small onion, diced
3 tbsp of currants
3 scallions thinly sliced
1 tbsp dry harissa seasoning
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp sumac powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
pinch black pepper
Recipe makes approximately 4 servings
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven.
- Sauté the onions and ginger for 5-10 minutes or until the onion is golden brown.
- Add harissa seasoning and tomatoes. Reduce to a paste.
- Add the chickpeas, tahini, cauliflower, currants, water, and vegetable broth.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until cauliflower has softened.
- Add the scallions, lemon juice, sea salt, sumac, cumin, coriander, and black pepper.
- Continue simmer for another 10 minutes. The soup should reduce and thicken. If using dry chickpeas, total cook time will be closer to 45 min to ensure chickpeas are fork tender.
Divide the soup with bowls and garnish with a few sliced scallions.