In search of our Desserts & Snacks line? Here in the Splendid Kitchen, we're making room for some new items, and we can't wait to share them with you!
In the meantime while our chefs are cooking and working alongside nutritionists to bring you new and improved meals across all categories, we want to provide some simple plant-based recipes. In this Splendid Sweets series, we'll be introducing some plant-based and vegan baking recipes, easy swaps for those who want to transition from traditional baking to plant-based alternatives, and Splendid meal hacks.
Audrey, from our Customer Experience team, is a vegan baking pro, so we teamed up with her to create our first recipe!
These Chocolate Hazelnut Bites are the perfect small dessert to help satisfy chocolate cravings, in the form of mini, better-for-you bites. Craving a peanut butter cup or Sun Squares Bar? We've got you covered.
Chocolate Hazelnut Bites
¼ cup natural peanut butter
¼ cup chocolate hazelnut spread*
2 tbsp coconut oil
½ tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
⅛ tsp salt
- Add your peanut butter, hazelnut spread, and coconut oil to a bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, until the coconut oil is mostly melted. Stir to combine.
- Sift in your cocoa powder slowly, stirring as you go. Add in vanilla extract and salt, stir until silky smooth.
- Scoop out your mixture by the tablespoon into a lightly greased mold of your choice. If you don’t have a mold, try placing your mixture directly into mini cupcake liners!
- Set in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
To avoid separation/melting, bites are best stored in the freezer. They’ll stay fresh for months if stored frozen in an airtight container!
* Be sure to check the label of your hazelnut spread if you’re avoiding dairy! We tend to go for the ones with less sugar for a richer taste, like Peanut Butter & Co or Nutiva.