Our bowls and smoothies are delicious on their own, but our community is always sending us ways they’re making their Splendid meals a bit more personalized. Today, we’re sharing some of our favorite hacks, pairings, and additions.
For those who like to personalize their meals, enjoy these numerous meal hacks and don’t forget to share them with us on Instagram!
Want to make your smoothies lighter? Try adding a splash of almond or coconut milk and a handful of ice.
If you feel like ice-cream, but would like a healthier option, just pour a Mint Chip Smoothie (or another favorite!) into an ice pop mold and pop into the freezer for a day. The next day, you can enjoy it as an ice-cream!
Try a smoothie bowl! Our favorite toppings include:
- Greek yogurt
- A handful of berries
- Almonds or your favorite nut variety
- Sliced bananas
- Coconut flakes
- Gluten-free granola
Cacao Almond Smoothie: Add extra almond milk and throw in the blender for a thinner consistency
We love to make our grain bowls personalized to our favorite flavors. Try any of these combos and you’re sure to be wowed!
- Any grain bowl is delicious with some extra sauteed veggies or an egg are always served on top.
- Add an extra scoop of kimchi to the Kimchi Fried Quinoa Grain Bowl - hello, gut health!
- Our Aloo Gobi Bowl tastes great with some extra peppers, kale, and broccoli.
- Try adding extra protein. Our Red Beet Quinoa Grain Bowl is even yummier when topped with tofu or fresh Parmesan cheese. Pair it with some gluten-free bread.
- Both the Black Bean and Plantain and Brown Rice Taco Bowls are wonderful when served with sliced avocado, pico de gallo, or roasted corn.
- Want to mix up how you eat your bowls? Create an actual taco with our Brown Rice Taco Bowl by simply serving it in a corn or wheat tortilla.
- Top the Sweet Potato Puree with some pumpkin seeds for added crunch.
For our soups, the easiest meal hack all around is to add some gluten-free bread. Some of our other favorites include:
- Serving the Spiced Lentil and Chickpea Stew for breakfast with eggs and crusty bread (think shakshuka!).
- Tomato Quinoa Chili: Add your fave chili toppings - chopped green onions, sour cream or tortilla chips!
- Enjoy the Garden Minestrone Soup with a little black pepper, peas, carrots, and baked potatoes.
Some of our favorite additions to any bowl are:
- Thinly sliced cucumber or radish
- Sauteed veggies
- A dollop of plain yoghurt
- For crunchiness add toasted nuts, like hazelnuts, almonds, tortilla chips, or toasted coconut chips.
Add a spoonful of peanut butter to the Dan Dan Noodles balance out the heat!
Add your favorite cheese (vegan or regular) to the Creamy Butternut Squash Noodles for a guilt-free mac-and-cheese!