At Splendid Spoon, we use the best, most nutrient-dense ingredients in our soups and smoothies to help you get the most out of every meal. Every ingredient has a purpose, but today we're shining a spotlight on three of our top favorites.
Matcha is high grade tea that has been ground into a powder and can be whisked into water or enjoyed in our Green Matcha Smoothie! Some of matcha's superpowers include:
- Catechin, a compound that is a natural antioxidant. Antioxidants stabilize free radicals which help to reduce cell damage that can cause chronic disease.
- Caffeine (35 grams, to be precise) which helps with focus and energy. Matcha also has l-theanine, which alters caffeine so you can avoid the crash you typically have from caffeine that comes from other sources.
- Green tea in general can help aid with weight loss. It boosts the metabolism and increases your fat burning ability.
- An excellent source of vitamin A. Beta carotene is converted into vitamin A in the liver which is needed to help maintain good vision, particularly night vision and color vision.
- One serving of carrots contains a good amount of potassium which is essential to our body. Potassium helps with muscle contractions and is needed for us to have a stable and steady heart rate.
- Carrots contain a substance called retinoic acid which helps to maintain a healthy skin. In addition, vitamin A and antioxidants found in carrots help protect skin from sun damage.
This flowering plant is low in calories and calls our Masala Khichri soup home. It's also:
- High in fiber, which helps us stay fuller longer and also helps us with our digestion so we prevent constipation (make sure to drink lots of water as well!).
- A great natural way to reduce cholesterol and in turn help to keep your heart health in check.
- High in calcium, which is essential for bone health and helps prevent osteoporosis.
If this post made you hungry for these delicious, and healthy Splendid Spoon recipes, click here to see this weeks menu!