It’s Super Bowl Sunday, you’re cheering for your favorite team (or your team isn’t playing, and you’re only there for the commercials), and you need some game-time snacks. Don’t fret, we’ve got three mouthwatering Splendid Meal Hacks to fuel your football Sunday!
Splendid Spoon Mexican Tomato Chili Cheese Fries
Recipe Creator: @themichellenorwood
1 serving of Splendid Spoon Mexican Tomato Chili
4 large baking potatoes
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon salt, pepper and/or garlic powder
Vegan Sour Cream, to taste
Cashew Queso, to taste
Green Onions, to taste
SOAK: Cut the fries into desired shape, then soak the potatoes in cold water after for at least 30 minutes. This step removes a lot of starch (you will see it in the bowl after you remove them) resulting in a crispier french fry.
DRY: This is really important. Make sure you dry them well so they don’t steam and get soft when they bake! I spin them in my salad spinner and then dap in a kitchen towel.
SEASON: Use parchment paper to keep them from sticking and oil to make them crisp! While these are a version of healthy fries, if you want them too crisp, you will still need to be generous with the oil.
TWO TEMP COOKING: This easy technique allows the fries to bake perfectly crispy. Simply bake at 375°F for a little bit to cook and then turn up the heat to really crisp them up!
To achieve maximum crispiness in your homemade French fries, I do a 2 temperature cook:
1. Be sure to preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. Dry the fries thoroughly after soaking and before seasoning.
3. Generously oil and season the oven fries. Spread evenly in a single layer on a parchment-lined pan.
4. Cook 20 minutes (25 for thicker fries).
5. Turn the heat up to 425°F and continue baking until crisp, about 20 minutes.
6. Add toppings and enjoy.
Cuban Black Bean Crunch Wrap Supreme
Recipe Creator: Mama of @jaiomari
Cheddar cheese (or cheese / vegan cheese of choice)
Sauce to dip!
- Heat Splendid Spoon's Cuban Black Bean Bowl in a pan on medium heat
2. Take two tortillas and cut one into a small circle.
3. Sprinkle cheddar cheese (vegan or regular) on the larger, uncut tortilla
4. Add the heated Cuban Black Bean Bowl
5. Cover everything with the smaller tortilla
6. Bend all the corners and fry both sides of the crunch wrap
7. Dip in sour cream, yogurt or guac.
Brown Rice Taco Bowl Stuffed Bell Peppers
Recipe Creators: @ayman_and_nada
Two bell peppers
Shredded cheese (vegan or regular)
- Add your favorite tomato sauce to an oven safe dish
2. Cut two bell peppers lengthwise and place at bottom of pan over sauce
3. Fill each bell pepper with Splendid Spoon Brown Rice Taco Bowl
4. Top with more tomato sauce and place in over at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
5. *Optional* Add shredded cheese and bake for 4 more minutes (skip step to keep meal completely vegan)
6. Top with sliced avocado, lemon juice, and chopped cilantro
Have a SOUPER Super Bowl Sunday! Questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.