To our Spoon Crew:
Over the next few weeks we're saying "see you later" to some of our meals. We’ve loved these meals as much as you have, but it’s time to make a little room for something new.
But have no fear! We're providing the recipes for some of these meals so you can still enjoy them at home:
Red Beet Quinoa Grain Bowl
Recipe makes 4 12-oz. portions.
Roasted Root Vegetables
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup Red Beets (cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- ½ cup Sweet Potatoes (cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- ½ cup Carrots (cleaned and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Clean and cut all vegetables into 1 inch pieces.
- Toss vegetables in olive oil and spread out on the sheet pan in a single layer.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and starting to caramelize.
Red Beet Quinoa
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup Spanish Onion (Diced and cut into 1/4 inch pieces)
- ¼ cup Celery (diced and cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 2 ¼ tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 ¾ tbsp Tahini
- 1 pinch Ground Red Chili Flakes
- ¼ tsp Coriander Powder
- ¼ tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ⅓ cup White Quinoa
- 3 cups Water
- 1 ½ cups Roasted Root Vegetables
- ⅓ cup Kale (chopped 1/2 inch pieces, fresh or frozen)
- Turn pot on to high heat.
- Add olive oil, onion and celery.
- Cook until soft and translucent (a few minutes).
- Combine in a bowl and mix the lemon juice, tahini, chili powder and a splash of water. Add to the pot.
- Add coriander and cumin and toast until fragrant, about 2-5 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and remaining water and simmer for about 10-20 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
- Add the roasted root vegetables. Cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the kale and blend into the soup.
- Plate the hot red beet quinoa mixture.