To our Spoon Crew:
Over the next few weeks, we're saying "see you later" to our Tofu & Veggie Noodles. We’ve loved this Noodle bowl as much as you have, but it’s time to make room for some newness. But have no fear! We're providing the recipe so you can still enjoy it at home:
Tofu & Veggie Noodles
Recipe serves 4 - 16 oz portions.
Lemongrass Roasted Tofu
1 cup Firm Tofu (pressed and diced)
1 pinch Lemongrass Powder
1 pinch Ground Black Pepper
1/2 tbsp Tamari Sauce (Gluten Free)
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1/3 cup Bok Choy (chopped, large, fresh)
1/4 cup Carrot (diced, fresh or frozen)
1/3 cup Edamame Beans (unshelled)
1 tbsp Shiitake Mushroom (sliced, fresh or frozen)
1 tbsp Scallion (diced, approx. 3/8", fresh)
1 tbsp Spearmint (torn into small pieces)
1 tbsp Thai Basil (torn into small pieces)
Vegan Pho Broth
3 3/4 cups Water
3 tbsp Ginger Paste
1/3 cup Spanish Onions (Diced approximately 1/4")
2 1/4 tbsp Tamari Sauce (Gluten Free)
1 3/4 tbsp Shiitake Extract Powder
2 1/2 tsp Lime Juice
2 1/2 tbsp Miso Paste
2 1/2 tbsp Tamarind Paste
1 tbsp Lemongrass Powder
1 Whole Clove
1 pinch Fennel Seeds
1 1/2 Cinnamon Sticks
1 1/2 cups Water
Dried Pad Thai Rice Noodles
- Press liquid out of tofu and then dice.
- Toss tofu with black pepper, lemongrass powder, tamari, and olive oil.
- Lay tofu on sheet trays. Do not overcrowd.
- Roast at 450F for 25 minutes, or until starting to turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- While the tofu is in the oven. Prep vegetables. Clean the bok choy and chop into large pieces.
- Clean and dice carrot, or use frozen diced carrots.
- Un-shell edamame.
- Clean the shiitake mushroom and slice, or use frozen.
- Clean and dice scallions.
- Clean and tear spearmint into small pieces
- Clean and tear Thai basil into small pieces
- Once vegetables have been prepped and the tofu has been baked, move onto making the pho broth. Begin by adding 3.75 cups water in a large pot.
- Add to the pot: ginger, onions, tamari, shiitake extract, lime juice, miso paste, tamarind paste, and spices in cheesecloth.
- Turn heat on high. Bring broth up to a boil, uncovered. Turn off heat.
- Close lid, allow to steep for 10 minutes. Remove cheese cloth and discard.
- Using an immersion blender, puree onions, ginger, and all particulates into liquid until almost completely smooth, should be about 90% homogenous, with some specs of onions and ginger.
- Add remaining 1.5 cups of water to the pot, stir to combine.
- Turn heat back on low to keep the broth warm while you cook rice noodles according to package directions. Combine in bowls and enjoy!