To our Spoon Crew:
Over the next few weeks we're saying "see you later" to some of our meals. We’ve loved these meals as much as you have, but it’s time to make a little room for something new.
But have no fear! We're providing the recipes for some of these meals so you can still enjoy them at home:
Sweet Potato Quinoa Grain Bowl
Approx. 1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup sweet potatoes, diced
1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked overnight and drained, or 1 can (15 ounces) low-sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
3/4 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup organic kale, chopped
¼ cup of water
3 tbsp of tahini
Juice of ½ a lemon
Recipe makes approximately 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. On a baking sheet toss the diced sweet potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Roast until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- To prepare the mushrooms, cut off the hard part from the bottom of the stem and slice. Heat 1 tsp oil in a medium skillet and add in the mushrooms. Cook for about 4 minutes on medium to low heat.
- Add chopped kale and chickpeas to skillet with mushrooms. Let kale wilt and chickpeas heat through for 3 - 4 minutes.
- For the sauce, in a small bowl whisk together water, tahini, sesame oil, lemon juice, water, and salt to taste.
- To serve, place cooked quinoa in a bowl. Combine the roasted sweet potatoes chickpeas, quinoa, shiitake mushrooms, and kale mixture and spoon on top of quinoa. Drizzle with dressing a few pinches of salt and pepper. Add more lemon juice and season to taste.