Dragon fruit is a beautiful, crunchy, tropical fruit with a bright outer skin and spotted inside. Also known as pitaya, this fruit gets its origins from Central America and is referred to as “dragon fruit” due to its bright, scaly shell. This stunning fruit is the star of our new Dragon Fruit Berry Smoothie, and we're so excited for you to add this amazing fruit to your diet. Here's why:
Though you eat this fruit with your eyes first, it’s chock full of nutrients. Some important Dragon Fruit health benefits include:
1) Lower cholesterol
The Dragon Fruit is naturally low in cholesterol, saturated and trans fats. The seeds present inside the fruit are loaded with health omega 3 fatty acids which are essential for well-being and especially important for plant-based diets, since you are not consuming omega 3 from common sources such as fish.
2) Rich in antioxidants
This super fruit is also packed with antioxidants to help fight damaging or even cancer-causing free radicals. Antioxidants are vital to keeping a healthy heart (and younger-looking, glowing skin!)
3) Healthy heart
Dragon Fruit is loaded with fiber, and as we mentioned before, antioxidants, which contribute to a healthy heart. They fight against plaque that can clog arteries, thus maintaining the blood circulation in the body. Regular consumption of fruit is not only refreshing, but can also help maintain a healthier heart in the long term. The magic of plants! What can’t they do?!
4) Rich in vitamins and antioxidants
- Magnesium: Can lower blood pressure, decrease depression, boost exercise performance and it even has powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
- Potassium: Enhances muscle growth, can lower high blood pressure, reduces anxiety and stress and includes relief from stroke or heart conditions. Wow!
- Iron: Iron helps regulate the body temperature, preserves energy and focus and boosts immunity.
- Vitamin C: Strengthens immunity (sick no more) and produces collagen to promote healthy, glowing skin. Fun fact: the combo of iron and vitamin C offers a unique perk. They work together to increase the absorption of iron. Dream team!
5) Healthy gut:
High in fiber, which helps in maintaining blood pressure and weight. Packed with prebiotics to promote a healthy gut. Prebiotics enhance digestion and your immune system to lower your risk of intestinal infections and to keep you more regular. Good for your daily poops, too!
Are you as in love with Dragon Fruit as we are now? Head to our site and add the all new Dragon Fruit Berry Smoothie to your order today!
Questions? Email email@example.com and our team will be able to help you.