Dan Dan Noodles
Recipe serves approximately 4-16 oz portions
- 8 oz (about 2 cups) Rice Noodles
- 1/2 cup Dan Dan Sauce (adjust to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- 1/4 cup Tofu, diced (1x1 inch)
- 1/4 cup Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 2 tablespoons Tamari Sauce (Gluten-Free Soy Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon Date Paste
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Seed Oil
- 1/4 cup Bok Choy, chopped
- 1/4 cup Scallions, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper (adjust to taste)
- A pinch of Cloves Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Szechuan Peppercorns
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat the sunflower oil over medium heat.
- Add tofu and shiitake mushrooms. Sauté until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk together the Dan Dan Sauce; tahini, tamari sauce, date paste, balsamic vinegar, water, and sesame seed oil, crushed red pepper, cloves, crushed szechuan peppercorns.
- Add the Dan Dan Sauce mixture. Stir well and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Toss the cooked rice noodles in the sauce until well coated.
- Stir in the bok choy and scallions and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the greens are wilted.
- Serve your Dan Dan Noodles hot.