Butternut Squash Ratatouille Soup
Recipe serves approximately 4-16 oz portions
Ingredients for 4 Servings:
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup Tomato Paste
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Diced Tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup Butternut Squash, diced
- 1/4 cup Kale, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Powder (adjust to taste)
- A pinch of Sea Salt (adjust to taste)
- A pinch of Black Pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Rosemary (adjust to taste)
Procedure for 4 Servings:
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the diced onions and cook for about 5 minutes until they become soft and translucent.
- Add the cumin and cook for an additional 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in salt, black pepper, and rosemary and the tomato paste. Cook until the tomato paste changes color from bright red to a rusty brownish red, which should take about 5-10 minutes.
- Add water and about 1/4 of the diced butternut squash. Cook for 10 minutes until the squash is tender.
- Use a blender or immersion blender to puree the soup until it's smooth.
- Add the diced tomatoes and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in the kale and the remaining butternut squash and cook for about 5 minutes or until everything is tender.
- Check the temperature (should be above 185°F or 85°C).
- Turn off the heat and serve your Butternut Squash Ratatouille Soup.