Masala Khichri Soup
Recipe serves approximately 4-16 oz portions
Ingredients for 4 Servings:
- 1/4 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 1/4 medium Onion, diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ginger Paste
- 1/4 cup Moong Dal (Split Moong Beans - Washed)
- 1/4 cup Brown Rice
- 2 3/4 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Carrots, diced (3/8" pieces)
- 1 cup Okra, cut
- 1/4 cup Spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Lemon Juice:
- A pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Fennel Seeds Ground
- A pinch of Sea Salt (adjust to taste)
- A pinch of Ground Chilies (adjust to taste)
- 1 Bay Leaf
Procedure for 4 Servings:
- In a large pot, turn on the heat and allow it to warm.
- Add the grapeseed oil, ginger, and diced onions. Cook for about 5-10 minutes until the onions become golden.
- Stir in Spices
- Add the moong dal, brown rice, water, and the bay leaf. Cook for about 45-60 minutes or until the lentils and rice are tender.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Add the carrots, okra, and spinach, and cook for about 5-10 minutes until they are tender.
- Stir in the cilantro and lemon juice.
- Check the temperature (should be above 185°F or 85°C).
- Turn off the heat and serve your Masala Khichri Soup.