To our Spoon Crew:
Over the next few weeks we're saying "see you later" to some of our meals. We’ve loved these meals as much as you have, but it’s time to make a little room for something new.
But have no fear! We're providing the recipes for some of these meals so you can still enjoy them at home:
Super Green Vegetable & Quinoa Grain Bowl
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
1/2 cup of roasted broccoli
1/2 cup dried red kidney beans, soaked overnight and drained, or 1 can (15 ounces) low-sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 1/2 cup of spinach
1 cup Edamame Beans
1/4 cup Sliced Almonds
1/4 cup Hemp Seeds
Green Goddess Dressing
2 tbsp tahini
1/4 cup of water
1 tbsp chopped basil
1/2 tsp minced garlic
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 1/ 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar
2 1/2 tsp scallion diced
2 1/2 tsp chopped parsley
1 tsp Salt
1/2 an avocado diced
1 tsp dijon mustard
Recipe makes approximately 4 servings
- Place a steamer basket in a large pot with 1 quart of the water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Steam the broccoli in the basket for 15 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
- For the sauce, in a blender, mix tahini, water, basil, garlic, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, scallion, parsley, salt, avocado and dijon mustard
- To serve place cooked quinoa in a bowl. Combine the roasted broccoli, kidney beans, spinach, and edamame and spoon on top of quinoa.
- Drizzle with green goddess dressing a few pinches of salt and pepper. Garnish with sliced almonds and hemp seeds.
- Add more lemon juice and season to taste.