Butternut Turmeric Soup
Recipe serves approximately 4-16 oz portions
Ingredients for 4 Servings:
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup Celery, diced (3/8" pieces)
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Butternut Squash, diced
- 1/4 cup Sweet Potato, diced
- 1/4 Spice Bag - Butternut Turmeric (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- A pinch of Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Ground Rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon Turmeric Powder
Procedure for 4 Servings:
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil and diced onions. Cook for about 5 minutes or until they become translucent.
- Add water, butternut squash, celery, half of the sweet potatoes, and the spices. Stir and bring to a gentle boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for about 25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Use a blender or immersion blender to puree the soup until it's smooth.
- Add the remaining sweet potatoes and coconut milk. Continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Check the temperature (should be above 185°F or 85°C).
- Turn off the heat and serve your Butternut Turmeric Soup.